Christina's Knäckebröd (Crisp Bread)
10 min prep + 70 min baking + cooling time
My MIL sure loves her crisp bread! She gets this recipe out for family parties and special occasions when she wants something a little 'extra' with her dessert cheese. This recipe is perfect for your charcuterie board--or just as a snack all on its own (no cheese or butter needed!).
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Combine all seeds, salt, and cornmeal in a mixing bowl.
3. Add olive oil and stir. Add boiling water and stir until you have an even "batter". If it's too dry, add a little more water.
4. Pour seed mixture onto parchment and spread evenly and thinly. Should cover and area of about 12x16.
5. Sprinkle with flake salt (you can find some yummy salt at Lemon & Sage).
6. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 70 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely before breaking into pieces and enjoying.
1/4 c flaxseed
1/4 c sesame seeds
2 T pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1/3 c sunflower seeds
1 c cornmeal
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 c olive oil
1 1/4 c water, boiling